Let me start this by saying that I have a strong dislike for peplum designs. However, since the trend doesn’t seem to be dying any time soon I chosen to mix it into my formal croquis design. I probably won’t create this into an actual garment unless someone pleads with me to create it. I’m not sure why, but I’m imagining that this dress would be stunning in a blush pink or navy.
Yes, I inverted the colors for a reason. I want the focus to be on the lines, not the art. I wanted focus on the silhouette and wanted everyone to be able to fill in whatever kind of fabric color they’d like.
- Design 2 more formal croquis
- Design 1 more croquis with a peplum inspiration
While I know logically that artists and designers usually starve, my heart still belongs to being creative.
I created the colored fashion croquis after attending a fashion/art event. The original idea for it was to use watercolor paints, but it seems my watercolor brushes were left behind during the move. So instead of sulking I used colored pencils and then photoshop. The end result wasn’t exactly how I had originally imagined it, but I liked the monotone. While I look at it, I could change the colors, patterns, etc to make it sell-able.
In case you missed it, here was the end result.
It’s certainly better than nothing.
I do need to continue working hard at my art so I can improve. I have so much room for improvement. However, practice makes perfect.
- Complete the cross stitch kit (No progress)
- Buy some new watercolor paper (No progress)
- Do the marble art for the living room (Idea created, now to purchase materials)
- Complete a commissioned piece of art (No progress)
- Save money for a sewing machine (10% done)
- Complete a fashion Croquis (Done)
- Attend art event for inspiration (Done)
Being shy sucks.
I know in my head that there is no reason for it, but somehow I freeze every time I get into a social situation. If under the rare occasion I don’t freeze I end up stuttering. It’s painful and while I love to go out and do new things, I avoid it like the plague because I’m so damn awkward at times.
Now that I’m in a new city…I have almost zero friends. Even these friends don’t quite understand just how nerve wrecking these social situations can be. I am totally fine face to face with someone I’ve met a few times. However, I need to be more social. Practice makes perfect and I want to meet some quality friends out here. I want to LIVE.
- Go out 5 times to different places
- Go bowling
- Host dinner here for a friend
- Invite friends to go out 5 times
- Be invited out by friends 5 times
- Go on 1 casual date
Start things slow and make future goals as I meet old ones. Shy will no longer be one of my traits if I have anything to say about it.