I was going to create a tutorial, but the project is so simple that it really doesn’t need much direction from someone else.
If you were to ever consider creating something like this I have a few tips:
1. Get a sturdy canvas already ready to hang. The marbles are heavy and will cause some canvas to start drooping.
2. Plan ahead. What design are you going to create? Sharp corners are difficult to fill in and shapes will lose the defined edges if not extremely careful.
3. Get a fast drying super glue. While at times I appreciated the fact I could still shift the marbles, there were other times where accidentally knocking them around was a mega challenge.
4. Start from the top and work your way down. This prevents your own hand from knocking the marbles loose as they are drying. Guess which way I did it? Bottom up. Terrible mistake.
5. Get more marbles than you think you need and get the kind that are kind of flat. I thought I would have some leftover…I didn’t.
If you are going to hang it, prepare to have something very heavy on your wall. My guess is that this piece I did weighs around 8 pounds.
This project helped me get something up on my condo’s walls. It also inspired some other projects that aren’t as colorful and aren’t quite so large.
So how about it? What are your thoughts on the project?